Are you a digital agency?
Do any of these sound familar?
- You look after a problematic web application that is in need of some attention
- You’ve got some older applications that nobody within your current team has worked on; it was before their time. You’re dreading the client calling up to ask for changes
- Your lead developer recently left and now nobody knows how to deploy new code to production
- Development work is no longer a core offering but you want to retain your existing clients and some of them have complex web applications that need looking after. Who will look after them?
- A client’s hosting company have emailed to say that the server is years out of date and it needs upgrading. You don’t know who is going to do the migration
- You’re coming up on a big deadline that has the entire team flat-out but you’ve just received an urgent support call from another one of your older clients. Trouble is you can’t spare anyone to switch tasks; who do you call?
It should be easier than this
You want to be able to focus on your core business offerings and not worry about out of date client websites that are probably no longer secure.
It would be great if you could just handle any new requirements from your client that align with your skills.
Just like you outsource other work to your peers, you want to be able to do it for application support too.
Get professionally managed PHP support
You or your client sign up to a support contract.
- audit your application and flag up any fundamental security risks in a manner that won’t reflect poorly on you
- gauge the feasibility of upgrading the application to the newest version of PHP
- package up the application so it is portable and easier for us to support and for developers (including yours) to work with it
You are safe, covered under our support banner.
Think of it as an insurance policy.
Should a problem occur you or your client logs it using your custom helpdesk email address; we’ll be back in touch within the agreed timescales.
We look at the problem and start working on a fix.
No long queue.
A support contract allows you to jump our development queue, you don’t have to wait days or weeks for issues to be resolved. A small number of hours are included each month to cover any work you might need doing to bring things back up or to keep things smoothly ticking along.
Get peace of mind & sleep easy. We’ll work with you and the hosting company to ensure that the lights stay on and that your client’s business keeps running.
How it works
1. Audit your code
The code & servers are checked & any security risks are highlighted in a tactful report.
Find out more
2. Make it portable
The application is made 'portable' so it can easily move to any server & have any developer work on it.
Find out more
3. Secure & protectedWe are on call for any support and optionally any ongoing development requirements.
Sounds interesting, but I have some questions…
Who are you?
Siftware has been providing development, support and maintenance services for over 11 years. We have many happy & long-standing customers. We’re UK based and if you are too, we’d be happy to arrange a meeting.
We support and maintain existing complex, bespoke PHP applications like yours. It’s our 100% focus and we do this one thing very well.
Working with existing code is different to starting from scratch. Unlike some of our competitors we won’t suggest a complete re-write of an application when we first encounter it. We understand that your application represents a significant investment and whilst keeping it secure and maintained in a cost effective manner is essential, we also recognise that if the application is currently providing value to its users and revenue for the owner then a pragmatic outlook is best.
How do I know you won't also be 'too busy' when I have a problem?
We specialise in supporting existing web applications. We’re not distracted by having to constantly win large new-build software projects, our business is 100% set-up to support businesses like yours.
Our systems keep track of the number of clients with support contracts and ensures that we’ve always slack into our schedule to handle demand peaks.
If my client signs up, will you take work away from us?
No, well not if you don’t want us to.
Our business thrives on referrals and it would be commercial suicide for us to start alienating our peers.
Can you while-label this service so my client thinks it is me providing the service?
It can get rather complicated and it’s likely that at some point your client will find out. We find that end clients are very used to having multiple suppliers such as an external hosting company. The service that we provide is so focused and fixed that they will understand that outsourcing to a specialist is best.
Can you support $foo CMS?
We specialise in supporting custom PHP applications using frameworks including, but not limited to, Laravel, Symfony, Zend Framework or CakePHP. That said, we would be happy to discuss options for supporting any third party system.
Can you do development work too?
If your client has development requirements and you don’t want this work we are happy to take development lead.
If you need the odd piece of ad-hoc work doing, we just book it in to our next free slot.
If you have a larger volume of requests then we can agree a set number of days per month and these get placed into our schedule first, ensuring that we are always working on the project month on month.
There will be constant progress.
Don’t take our word for it… here’s what some of our clients had to say
Reliability, expertise, and availability are critically important to us in a supplier. We get that from Siftware, along with an honest assessment of whatever the situation is with our custom PHP applications.
Web software drives our business and Siftware helps us keep it all running. Whether that be adding new features, making suggestions for improvements or jumping on urgent problems; they are a core part of our business.
We rely on Siftware to keep our complex SaaS application running and as our business has grown they have ensured that the system has scaled to keep up with the increased demand. They are flexible, responsive and commercially savvy; they work closely with us to ensure that we meet our business objectives
OK, so how much does this cost?
Pay as you Go
Any questions? Get a free consultation.
Would you like us to go through things in more detail? let’s get a slot booked in your diary for a call, please fill out this form or alternatively email email@example.com.